Support Workers – Children and Young People
Following on from the success of our last 3 recruitment drives Trinity Care Group are looking for reliable, professional and caring individuals for immediate starts providing support for children and young people, we are looking for people who live close to our Accrington head office.
We will also shortly be opening a new residential facility in Accrington, as such we are recruiting additional staff.
Currently, we are looking for people to join our flexible register to cover ongoing roles, thus we need commitment that you are available for work every day, we have plenty of work available and have shifts ranging from 12 hrs (days and/or nights) through to 24 hr live-in for 7 straight days.
We provide bespoke support services for children with complex support needs. Such services may be required over a short or long-term period and may be ad hoc or 24 hour ‘live-in’ support. It is vital you have recent experience of looking after children with emotional or behavioural problems and who are considered “at risk”.
You will need previous experience of working with children, including dealing with mental health conditions and/or challenging behaviours, as such you will need to be compassionate, calm, resilient and understand the issues and challenges children face.
It is expected candidates will have their own transport as some roles involve early starts/late finishes when public transport will not be running, it is essential that you have a clean driving licence together with at least 1 years proven driving experience as some assignments are providing a safe and reliable driving/escort service to and from courts, police stations, hospitals and dental surgeries.
We are not looking for applicants with ad hoc availability as we need continuity for the children, please only apply if you have regular availability over 7 days.
Whilst Trinity provides full and comprehensive paid training; it would be beneficial if you have:
- level 3 Children and Young People Workforce (or equivalent) Diploma or working towards it
- a Diploma/NVQ3 in Caring for Children and Young People or commitment to work towards it
- a degree/other qualification in psychology, criminology, mental health, nursing, social work or health and social care or similar
Preference will be given to candidates who also have any of the following:
- previous experience in a Residential Children's Care Setting
- any relevant skills, such as being First Aid trained
- knowledge of the Children Act & Children's Homes Regulations
- understanding and knowledge of Therapeutic Approach to Childcare
You will need an enhanced DBS and be registered on the online update service or be able to complete the process for an enhanced DBS.
In return we offer –
- an attractive hourly rate ranging from £10.50ph - £14.50ph
- enhanced rates for agreed Bank Holiday assignments
- comprehensive paid training prior to starting an assignment
- free, quality uniform
- an interesting and stimulating work environment
- ongoing training and support with study/gaining new qualifications
This is an opportunity to join a growing company in an extremely busy sector
Are you available over 7 days to cover 12 hr shifts and 24-hour sleepover rotas?
You have experience of looking after children with emotional or behavioural problems and who are considered “at risk”.
Do you have a full UK driving licence with at least 1 years driving experience (please do not apply if not)?
Are you available at short notice for overnight stays?
Do you have an enhanced DBS and are registered on the online update service?
Are you available to cover shifts and weekends?
Are you able to provide 5 years work history and a minimum of 2 years references?