Sepsis kills more than five people every hour in the UK. Sepsis has not stopped during the coronavirus pandemic and Sepsis Research (FEAT) is determined to continue to raise awareness of sepsis and fund vital research. Each September, for Sepsis Awareness Month and World Sepsis Day, the team at Sepsis Research run their #SockItToSepsis campaign, to raise awareness and help raise money to fund vital research into Sepsis.
I’m Fiona, for myself and my team at Rainbow HR, Sepsis is a condition close to our hearts. In 2011 a close friend of mine lost her husband to sepsis, please read her story here, and for the last couple of years, I have supported Sepsis Research (FEAT) each #SepsisAwarenessMonth, by donning my red and white stripy socks and sharing as many silly pictures and videos as I can to raise awareness of this terrible condition. I’m asking you to help me #SockItToSepsis.
This year, I’m helping Sepsis Research with their fundraising activity by supporting a competition with Rainbow HR. We’re offering a £100 Amazon gift voucher to the person who shares the best silly sock picture on Facebook or LinkedIn. To be in with a chance to win please follow the instructions below:
- Donate to our JustGiving page if you can – all funds raised go to Sepsis Research (FEAT)
- Head over to the Sepsis Research website and nab a pair of stripy socks for yourself: https://www.sepsisresearch.org.uk/shop/
- Take your best #SockItToSepsis picture wearing your socks
- Post your picture to Facebook or LinkedIn, tagging me, Rainbow HR and Sepsis Research with the hashtag #SockItToSepsis by the 30th September
- I’ll be judging the entries myself – may the best #SockItToSepsis picture win!
We’re donating £250 to get the competition started – and if you head over to my social media profiles, you’ll start to see my silly sock pictures.
Please, help me support Sepsis Research this #SepsisAwarenessMonth and together we can #SockItToSepsis.
Full competition terms and conditions can be found here: Competition T&Cs
Sepsis Research website: https://www.sepsisresearch.org.uk/
Rainbow HR LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rainbow-hr-ltd/
Sepsis Research LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sepsis-research/
Sepsis Research Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SepsisResearchFEAT